Find Your Nearest Salon


Getting Married Abroad

Getting Married Abroad, FAQ

There’s a lot to think about when planning your wedding and if you want to get married abroad, here’s a few of the most popular questions couple ask...

Getting Married FAQQ. We are staying at a couples/adult only resort but have guests with children will it be possible for them to attend our wedding?

The majority of adult only properties do not allow children to attend a wedding, very few make exceptions to this rule, you should always check this before booking you wedding abroad if you want children to be present.

Q. Can we invite guests to our wedding?

Look for the fantastic offers for groups. Many of the wedding packages offer a free wedding depending on the size of your party. Your friends and relatives can even stay at other properties and attend your wedding if they purchase a day pass which will enable them to enter your hotel and use the facilities within the resort.

There are some good deals out there so shop around and make the most of what different companies have to offer.

Q. What should we do about the Sun?

You will be tempted to expose yourself to the sun in the first few days of your holiday, be careful not to overdo it. Use a high factor suncream. Brides who will be wearing an off the shoulder number choose a swimming costume with removable straps! There is nothing worse than white strap marks in your photographs.

Be careful not to burn, use plenty of sun factor and aftersun to cool and lock moisture into the skin, there is nothing worse than peeling skin!

Q. What should we wear for our wedding?

Cool cottons or lightweight clothes are a good idea. During mid afternoon the sun can be at its hottest, traditional dress may be unbearable and difficult for the Beach Bride to wear.

Grooms wear a lightweight and light-coloured suit as this will not attract the sun as much as dark colours do.

Brides think about the style choose a style which will give you maximum comfort in the heat.

It really is an individual choice, casual or traditional is accepted in most locations.

Q. Some of our documents are written in a foreign language - is this a problem?

Wedding AbroadA.
All documents should be in English. If your documents are in another language a certified translation is required. This can be a lengthy process so please leave plenty of time.

Q. What documentation is required for a wedding abroad?

Documentation - please check with us for full details, however, you usually need the following

• Passport

• Birth Certificate

• Divorce Decree Absolute (if applicable)

• Single Status Affidavit (if applicable)

• Change of Name Deed (if applicable)

• Death Certificate and Marriage Certificate of Deceased Spouse
(if applicable)

Age limit without parents consent in most destinations is 18 years

Q. If I have been previously married can I travel using my maiden name?

You can use your maiden name if you have the relevant paperwork to confirm that you have officially reverted to your maiden name. You will need a ’Change of Name by Deed Poll’ document from your solicitor.

If you do not have the correct documentation, travelling under your maiden name will not be allowed and your previous marital name will have to be used.