Find Your Nearest Salon

Ask the Experts

Ask the Experts

1607 Records Found matching query: thin     Record(s): 661 - 663
natalie asks:
I have the hair condition trichotillomania on my hairline. I was wondering do all hairdressers get taught of these types of conditions when they are learning to be a hairdresser? Thank you xxx

Tony MaleedyAnswered By:
Tony Maleedy
Hair and scalp disorders such as Trichotillomania are taught to hairdressing students if they attend college, but many hairdressers train only in the salon and are, therefore, less likely to know anything about Trichotillomania, which is a condition where a person pulls their own hair out. This is usually because it has become a bad habit ... and it is one that should be stopped. Pulling out hair over a short period will do no harm but if this continues from the same region of the scalp the hair follicles can become distorted and hair may cease to grow from them. Confiding in your family and friends and asking them to tell you to stop when you are doing it subconsciously can be a great help. I knew one person who paid 50p every time they were caught doing it, she stopped completely after £16.50!
Tony Maleedy

Lindsay asks:
i have a strange hair problem. right after i wash it and attempt to dry it, it never gets dry underneath near the scalp. the ends are fine, but for some reason, it seems there is build up on my scalp or something. iíve used every kind of shampoo, including purifying. do you think it could have to do with the water?

Tony MaleedyAnswered By:
Tony Maleedy
I donít think your problem has anything to do with the water, it sounds like, perhaps, an oily substance could have built up on this part of your hair and is resisting removal by the shampoo. Oil is usually removed well under normal washing conditions, silicone, however, which is found in many hair products can be more difficult to remove, particularly in products in which it is highly concentrated such as serums. I think a radical treatment my be called for. Before you wet your hair apply a large quantity of non-silicone shampoo (without Dimethicone on the ingredient list) to the hair in the area near the scalp where you feel it never gets dry. Gently work it into the hair and scalp, and then add warm water to allow a lather to form, rinse and lather again in the normal way. This process will remove any oil or silicone which has built up and you can start afresh. Finally, remember not to let conditioner touch your scalp. Conditioners are excellent for improving the condition of the hair but they can cause the hair to become too oily if they are applied to the scalp.

Jodie asks:
I have naturally dark brown hair and dyed it a dark shade of red but it has turned out patchy is there anything to get it back to my original colour?

Richard WardAnswered By:
Richard Ward
The best option is to visit your local salon and ask for consultation. It may be that they can strip the colour from the hair using LíOreal Efassor which removes artificial colour molecules and then apply another more natural colour closer to your base colour. Or, if itís not too extreme, they will apply the natural colour over the top of the red.

Page 221 of 536

3 Records on this page