Find Your Nearest Salon

Ask the Experts

Ask the Experts

1593 Records Found matching query: thin     Record(s): 457 - 459
Pam asks:
I noticed that my stylist uses Framesi permanent hair color on my hair, so I am planning on ordering some on Ebay so I can do my own root touch-up between visits. My question is what kind of volume of peroxide should I use. My hair is dyed with a #3N as that is closest to my natural color but a tad darker and nicer? Also what is the ratio of hair color to peroxide, and how long do you leave the product on for?

Gary SunderlandAnswered By:
Gary Sunderland
Don't do it.

Colouring your own hair is never as easy as you think. The reason we are professional hairdressers is because we have spent years of training to be able to do OUR jobs correctly. ...More >

Although the fraise root touch up makes the application sound simple it is NOT.

Many things come into the equation like overlapping, depth of hair, peroxide selection, development time and heat application.

Keep your hair looking and feeling fantastic and stick with your stylist.

Jason asks:
My hair always lays completely flat and it's very boring. I really like the wavy hair look on guys and would really like my hair to do that. Is there anyway, without a perm or anything, to add some kind of wave to my hair for a better look? Thanks!

Gary SunderlandAnswered By:
Gary Sunderland
Depending on the length of your hair you could use straightening irons to add some textured curl into you hair. Then apply some matt cream for finishing. Do not be too particular over your sectioning or curl technique as the more random the technique the more natural the result. Good luck

TeMac asks:
I have medium length curly hair that never seems to grow. It grows somewhat on the sides, but the back just seems to keep thinning at the ends. Can you please tell me what I can do to make my hair grow?!

Lee StaffordAnswered By:
Lee Stafford
Hair grows at a rate of an average quarter of an inch to half an inch each month; however its important to realize that that depends on factors such as diet and lifestyle. Also, hair that is treated harshly can break off making it difficult to achieve the length you desire. To make sure that your hair is growing as much as it can - and staying attached to your head! You need to make sure you are protecting it and lavishing it with lots of TLC! ...More >

Use moisturising shampoo and conditioners, such as my Poker Straight Shampoo with P2Fifty, (4.49 for 250ml) followed by my SofLee SofLee Intense Conditioner, (5.99 for 200ml).

Use treatments in between visits to the salon; my R U Taking Protection from hair that wont grow past a certain length treatment (6.99 for 200ml) will give your hair that extra love and attention it needs.

Washing your hair too much can strip it of all its natural, essential oils and so Id recommend trying washing your hair every 2-3 days to see if this helps.

However, even if you are desperate for your hair to grow, you should still continue to get it trimmed every six to eight weeks. Even just an eighth of an inch should banish split ends getting rid of the thinning you mention at the ends.

As well as making sure you stay up to date with your trims, try my R U Taking Protection from split ends serum (6.99 for 50ml). Your hair reflects the health of your body, so if you try to make sure you live a healthy lifestyle and do some exercise, you should notice a difference in the health of your hair.

Take all of these tips into consideration and get ready to grow, grow, grow!

Page 153 of 531

3 Records on this page