Find Your Nearest Salon

Ask the Experts

Ask the Experts

1616 Records Found matching query: thin     Record(s): 1573 - 1575
Anita asks:
I am 48, and I had my hair chemically straightened two years ago, which has now damaged my hair. Please can you recommend some haircare products that will help the condition of my hair?

Linton and MacAnswered By:
Linton and Mac
Hi Anita, we recommend that you make an appointment with a hair salon for the LíOrťal Smartbond treatment, which strengthens the keratin bonds within the hair. It gives super results and your stylist can give you a Smartbond conditioner to use at home.

LA asks:
My oldest son has hair that sticks out all over his head. The hair follicles stick straight down into his head rather than being angled. Basically the poor kid constantly looks like he stuck his finger in an electric socket. It is also very thick and slightly coarse. It also dries freakishly fast. Itís the nightmare of all hair really. Even stylists weíve visited in the past have said it. What kind of cut can we get for him that would help him to look good but are easy for a 14 year old boy to maintain?

Kala KilshawAnswered By:
Kala Kilshaw

Poor him, 14yr olds are so self conscious it must be tough! There are a few suggestions I can make, ...More >

- Fish oil supplement omegas are great for the hair and no one really eats enough fish.

- Make sure you are using moisturing shampoo and conditioner, the best quality you can and comb the conditioner through after leaving a for a few minutes and rinsing - this will temporaily soften the cuticle and provide much needed moisture to this hair type.

- Sometimes growing the hair longer, a pain during the growing stage but a good solution as the hair does become more manageable.

- Using a traditional wax is always good as it is oil based, so adds moisture itís also heavy so weights the hair down so does give you an element of control with styling.

- My Son is a hairdresser and he has really difficult hair to manage, sounds similar to your Sons but I thinks it maybe good for him to get a consultation from a young male barber or male hairdresser as they are in touch with what guys of this age really want to achieve

Good luck I really hope this helps

Maureen asks:
Dear Sir/ Madam, Iíve a side parting since I was born, which is a good many years ago. Iíve fine hair but loads of it, so I was told but a hairdresser and it is true. My hair grows very fast. My hair is below shoulder now but I would love and appreciate it if you could advise me on which style would suit me. I always think that I have a square shaped face with tiny forehead. My natural colour is mouse brown , it is going grey now. Looking forward to any advise, Thank you, Maureen.

Kala KilshawAnswered By:
Kala Kilshaw
Hello Maureen ,
I think an inverted bob with the longest parts at the front being around chin length, maybe a soft side face framing fringe would be nice or go the whole hog and chop it all off! ...More >

Take a look at the images above and if you like them talking them to a salon they will advise you on what will worked best and how to look after it as well.
Take care a good luck

Page 525 of 539

3 Records on this page