Poor him, 14yr olds are so self conscious it must be tough! There are a few suggestions I can make, ...More >
- Fish oil supplement omegas are great for the hair and no one really eats enough fish.
- Make sure you are using moisturing shampoo and conditioner, the best quality you can and comb the conditioner through after leaving a for a few minutes and rinsing - this will temporaily soften the cuticle and provide much needed moisture to this hair type.
- Sometimes growing the hair longer, a pain during the growing stage but a good solution as the hair does become more manageable.
- Using a traditional wax is always good as it is oil based, so adds moisture itís also heavy so weights the hair down so does give you an element of control with styling.
- My Son is a hairdresser and he has really difficult hair to manage, sounds similar to your Sons but I thinks it maybe good for him to get a consultation from a young male barber or male hairdresser as they are in touch with what guys of this age really want to achieve
Good luck I really hope this helps