|Abigail asks: |
I have naturally thick curly hair with middle length. On my birthday Iíd love to go to a professional hairdresser and get it cut really short with possibly some thinning as I feel like it be less hair to deal with and I can finally pay more attention to taking care/ products that help maintain it.
And my aware it becomes curlier when shortened (I donít mind the look) but u wanted to know if thereís any way to either make it wavy/straight e.get relaxers and such or wavy/ straight naturally?
|Answered By: |
Have you considered an undercut rather than losing length and thinning, I strongly advise its really such a great option. It means the volume of hair is dramatically reduced and then with really rich moisturizing shampoo, conditioner and treatments alongside a strict hair care regime you take control of your hair whether straight or curly. ...More >
|Rob asks: |Hi Iím trying to get this hairstyle where basically I comb over my hair to one side and it ícascadesí down my face. Iíve been using this (https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/500673683553376651/) as a reference point, basically for me the side where the hair falls down my face has big gaps in between hair strands, and that guyís is really full on that side. Should I tell my barber to cut my hair a bit lower on the side where it falls over my face so that I can let some more hair grow there?
|Answered By: |
I wouldnít suggest having it cut lower, just use dry shampoo each day to build up the gaps in the hair. The dry shampoo will add texture and make the hair look fuller. Always use a volumising shampoo as well as that will help the hair look and feel thicker and fuller. ...More >
|Millie asks: |
Hi, I am 44 years old and my hair seems to be getting thinner and thinner especially around my fringe area, the hair seems rather brittle around my temples, it get greasy really quick so I find I have to wash it everyday, to make it look acceptable I have to flow dry and straighten as otherwise itís rather frizzy even if I leave to dry naturally. I seem to loose a lot of hair when washing/drying more than 100, so washing everyday is making my problem worse, id love not to have to wash it everyday and for it to look thicker and healthier, itís mid length at present although I try and keep it just touching my shoulders as short hair doesnít suit me and if I grow it longer it look lank and lifeless, I have tried skin hair and nail supplements more 4 month now but no change, is there a shampoo that will reduce my hair getting so greasy and that promotes hair growth and strength? I did used to have really thick curly hair but fear the straighteners over the years have done major damage.
|Answered By: |
Well done for taking the supplements, donít give up as there will be a difference you just need them as well as a combination of other things. ...More >
I would suggest you take a look at the following you may find the documents above helpful:
- Take a look at your diet as sometimes adding in a few vital nutrient rich foods can make a difference
- Ask in a professional salon for a protein based shampoo, or if you want to select one yourself choose a formula where the liquid is clear not opaque as still will mean it doesnít contain to many conditioning ingredients that will make the hair greasy
- Use dry shampoo, there are now coloured versions which are dry for keeping your hair looking fresh and adding a little volume
- Try not to touch your hair too much throughout the day as it can become a habit and makes the hair greasy more quickly
- This one sounds crazy but be careful applying your moisturizer, it again can make the hair greasy but there has been linked to potential thinning hair lines on women
- If you take medication, perhaps consult your doctor as there are so many that have side effects that can seriously effect hair such as contraceptive pills especially if they have been taken over a long period of time Have a trim, use a treatment mask at least weekly and Iím sure over the next month or 2 you will see improvement, if you donít perhaps consult a trichologist and they will carry out some blood tests and help you get to the bottom of the problem.
Page 200 of 205
3 Records on this page