|Deborah asks: |
Hi, I had highlights done which were great and my hair was in good condition. I used a dark brown box dye and goodness knows why! This resulted in my hair being black. I then opted for a colour remover maximum strength which lifted out the dye very well. The problem is where my highlights where the colour is now a dark brassy red in bright lights, but you canít notice in a dimmer light. How do I get my highlights back? Do I have to get them done again or will they re-appear in time? Many thanks, Deborah
|Answered By: |
Hi Deborah, I suggest you use a clarifying shampoo leaving it on for 15 minutes rinsing and repeating a few times. This will hopefully lift out the residue left on your highlights. As you have done a number of chemical services make sure you have a great hair repair/treatment regime using the best products for adding protein and moisture as well as a treatment mask on a regular basis. Good luck
|Tayla asks: |
My friend straightened my hair and put a product on it. I have washed my hair plenty of times but it is permanently straight. What can I do to get my natural curls back?
|Answered By: |
Hi Tayla, use a high detergent shampoo and leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing and repeating. Hopefully over a couple of weeks you will see the formation of your curls return. Make sure you use moisturising shampoo and conditioner as well to help maintain the condition of your hair.
|Samantha asks: |
I have a question concerning hair bleaching. The first time my stylist bleached my hair all over I ended up with about 3-4 one inch long chemical burns on my scalp. She only ended up using 20 volume on my hair we figured we had let it sit to long. We took a break after that and shadow rooted my roots after about 6-8 months. I decided I wanted to be bleach blonde again. So I had an appointment in February and we did my roots and my scalp just ended up flaky she used 20 volume then. I have just got my hair done again earlier this week and ended up with a few chemical burns again no bigger than a dime. This time she only used 10 volume because we were touching up my roots and cancelling out warmth. It was on not longer than 15 minutes after she finished my whole head. Does this have anything to do with my stylists technique or the products she used? Or do I just have a sensitivity to bleach?
|Answered By: |
Hi Samantha, it really does sound to me like you have a real intense sensitivity to the bleach Iím afraid! I suggest you apply to hair that is not fresh clean as that may help reduce scalp sensitivity due to natural sebum and the pores not being so open. Also application as light on the scalp as possible just pushed into the hair, remove with cool water and lowest detergent shampoo as possible, with as little agitation as possible during removal. Leave a low ph conditioner on the hair and scalp before rinsing and again rinse with cool water. Try and soothe your sensitive scalp with almond oil treatments as well as a vitamin e and zinc supplement and hopefully a combination of all of the above with help! Good luck
Page 229 of 276
3 Records on this page