Find Your Nearest Salon

Ask the Experts

Ask the Experts

814 Records Found matching query: product     Record(s): 484 - 486
Natalija asks:
I have been dying my hair light blonde for about 8 years and I am satisfied with my colour but my roots are very dark) it is never the same colour as the rest of my hair; it is always darker with a little bit of red.

Sue PembertonAnswered By:
Sue Pemberton
I assume your hair at the scalp is naturally dark and that is why you are pulling the red tones. The only way to get a pretty blonde on darker levels is to lift (bleach) and deposit tone or colour. If you are naturally a dark blonde than you can achieve a blonde shade with a colour and a high % of developer, however it sounds as if you have been using high lift products and bleaches in the past so unfortunately to maintain your desired result you will have to continue.

Katherine asks:
Iím growing my hair from really short and Iím finding it hard to style. It is really thick and heavy and doesnít hold its style for long without me adding loads of products. Would you recommend I get it trimmed or shall I leave it to grow?

Gary SunderlandAnswered By:
Gary Sunderland
Ask your stylists if the use blades or razors. If they do then ask for it SOFTLY skimmed. This will reduce the bulk and allow you to style and grow your hair much easier

Yemisi asks:
I have afro hair which grows well except that I have bruises when I make my hair. I had to cut it two years ago but have started Growing it now. The problem I see now is with the braids I find my frontal hair having white stuff at the roots and my scalp dry. When I had it cut I texturised and washed minimum twice a week and didnít experience any dryness. I donít want to have frontal hair loss. What do I do please?

Diane ShawAnswered By:
Diane Shaw
Dry hair, a dry scalp, flaking scalp and dandruff are the result of one or more elements depleting your bodyís natural oils before they can reach your skin and hair. Getting back your healthy scalp and hair will likely mean making a change in your daily cosmetic regime, your diet and taking better steps to protect yourself from drying influences. In extreme cases, seeking professional help might also be an option. Here are some of the most common causes of dry hair and scalp: ...More >

Harmful chemicals found in cheap and over-used hair products over processing of hair and roots after chemical treatment Harmful cosmetic habits, like twenty minutes under the blow-dryer and curling iron overexposure to harsh weather, especially cold winter air braiding or corn rowing which is too tight and is constantly pulling on the hair root. Allergic to synthetic fibre which is used to cornrow hair a diet lacking in necessary vitamins dehydration not taking in enough fluids like water. An untreated skin condition, such as eczema, psoriasis, or seborrhoea dermatitis changes in your hormones which often change the way your hair and nails behave

I think the best way to begin is to examine the recent changes you have made which resulted in your scalp becoming dry and flaky. It would seem to me that your braids are also too tight which could result in traction alopecia.

Try to relieve any stress points on the hair, take in more liquids, and use a quality shampoo and conditioner and take some vitamins.

Page 162 of 272

3 Records on this page