Find Your Nearest Salon

Ask the Experts

Ask the Experts

803 Records Found matching query: product     Record(s): 427 - 429
Silky asks:
Hi my hairs are very dry. I have done rebonding for 5 times n planning to do for 6 time but one of my salon advice me to do rebonding n keratin treatment together and other salon said that it is useless to take both m confused what to do...plz help me

Kala KilshawAnswered By:
Kala Kilshaw
Its very difficult for me to advise you as I don’t know the exact treatment you are receiving. But what I would suggest is that you use the best quality professional brand moisturizing shampoo and conditioner possible as well as a weekly moisturizing & protein masque or treatment. Follow the instructions carefully and the condition of your hair will improve dramatically. Make sure your styling products have sunscreen in them. Good luck.

Liz asks:
I have dark blonde hair and suffer from Alopecia Areata (a stress induced disease that causes hair loss). I would love to dye my hair light purple but don’t think that bleaching my hair would help with the Alopecia. Is there a gentler way that I can lighten my hair so I can achieve the purple without aggravating the Alopecia? What hair dye do you suggest I use?

Steve RowbottomAnswered By:
Steve Rowbottom
First of all I would consult your GP and get some medical advice. Also make sure that you do a skin test at least 48 hours prior to having a treatment that uses chemicals. I wouldn’t recommend using bleach as this can make any hair weaker. A great alternative would be to pre-lighten the ends of your hair using the ombre technique, and then tone with a light purple conditioning toner. This would be a better option, as no chemicals will be near your scalp. I would use the L’Oréal Platinum ammonia free bleach, as ammonia free products are much kinder to the skin.

(Quotes attributed to Sally Plain, Director and Franchisee Westrow Wetherby on behalf of Steve Rowbottom)

Leon asks:
I’m a mixed race Caribbean boy who has a tight afro which is possible 4b or 4c. I desire to have 3a loose, curly hair but have no idea of how to get to this. Could you recommend any home treatments/products I would need to get, or what to say to a hairdresser? Thank you for your time.

(Answered by Danielle Hill on behalf of Steve Rowbottom)

Steve RowbottomAnswered By:
Steve Rowbottom
Hi Leon, to reduce any type of curl in the hair the best treatment is a ’Texturiser’. This is a mild form of relaxing and is also known as ’curl reduction’. I understand you do not want to lose your curl completely just reduce the frizz and tightness of it. For me I would visit a recognized Mizani salon and ask for an expert consultation where they can take a test cutting and show you the possible end result. Treatments like this can be done at home, however assessing it is difficult. Do your research on the salon first and visit for a consultation. Inform your stylist that you would like a ’mild’ curl reduction. The Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer will definitely meet your needs; just ensure that is what the salon uses. 

Page 143 of 268

3 Records on this page