Find Your Nearest Salon

Ask the Experts

Ask the Experts

418 Records Found matching query: fine hair     Record(s): 295 - 297
Annette asks:
I am of mixed heritage - Jamaican/Indian and as my hair is fine but extremely curly and long I have been told that relaxers will make my hair fall out. Someone told me about the Japanese hair treatments - Yuko and IHR are they any good for my type of hair? If I get it done will it make my hair fall out? Where can I get it done? Preferably somewhere with proven experience with my type of hair.

Diana DudasAnswered By:
Diana Dudas
Relaxers done correctly will not make your hair fall out. (Morions is a good product), however in my experience it is difficult to find stylists in the UK that are proficient in relaxing hair. I would not recommend the YUKO system for you as it uses quite a harsh system. They firstly apply the relaxer blowdry your hair straight with the products in and then use hot irons (180 degrees) on your hair to straighten it. This is harsh and obviously takes a lot out of your hair. If you feel that your hair is delicate may I suggest a good non chemical relaxer such as Razzamatazz Strait Time and use this to relax your curls without damaging your hair. Please do not try the YUKO it is not for you.

Sandra asks:
I have fine think hair and would like to get an expert opinion. I high-light low-light my hair for added volume. My hair does have a wave to it. I have been told that I have a oval shaped face and I have also been told its rectangular shaped. What hairstyles would work best for me? What is the best way to style my hair without damaging it? What hair products would you recommend?

Richard WardAnswered By:
Richard Ward
Oval face shapes are the luckiest as you can pretty much wear any hairstyle! You can go for bobs, long and straight, sharp fringes or even more daringly crops. Have a look on the style gallery to get some ideas of styles that you would like and discuss these with your hairdresser for their opinion on the wear ability and styling maintenance. In regards to styling your hair, always, always use a styling product with thermal protector to protect your hair from the heat of the hairdryer and styling appliances. I would suggest you use products tailored for your hair type - if you want more volume, select a volumising range. I work with L'Oreal Professional Kerastase range as it has a great selection of products for all hair types. Your hairdresser will be able to advise the best for your hair type and style.

Joanna Lees asks:
I have naturally very tight curly hair which although it sometimes goes into nice spirals, most of the time the curls are different shapes and go in all directions no matter what I do. I had yuko and liked it but have grown it out. I would like to be able to wear my hair in a looser curl, is there any way of doing this by having a loose perm or any styling technique I may not have tried. It is just reaching my shoulders at the moment.

Diana DudasAnswered By:
Diana Dudas
You have a couple of options you could either get a soft relaxer such as Rusk Radical anti-curl, you could use a non-chemical hair relaxer such as Razzamatazz STRAIT TIME. or get a perm on large rollers to soften out the curl. This should be fine even if there is some old Yuko in there as both products are made with ammonium thioglycolate. However insist that your stylist does an incompatibility first, just to be on the safe side

Page 99 of 140

3 Records on this page