London Fashion Week
Collection: African Strength meets French Romanticism in this season’s collection with a fusion of texture and colour. The concept stemmed from a visit to Paris, where the pair found themselves admiring an African-print gazebo from the window of their boutique hotel. The impression left by the design, with its ability to convey such a rich and beautiful culture, became the influence of for the Soraprol SS15 collection
The Hair: “To merge the collection pieces we wanted to marry the African Tribal Strength with the sense of French Romanticism. For this we had 2 main concepts; a more contained tribal shorter look which resembled a tribal harsh graphic shape along with a contrast in the couture gold plaits and braids tuning in the opulence of French Romanticism. This not only set apart the main collection against the couture gowns but really helps tell the story of the show at hand.” Danny Defreitas, Head of Hair, using STRUCTURE and Annabelles Wigs.
STEP BY STEP 1:
Short Black Wig Look
1. Prep hair for wig use by slicking hair down with STRUCTURE Control Hard Hold Gel to create a clean professional finish.
2. Carefully place a wig cap over the hair and secure the wig. Tweak with any final cutting.
3. Finish with STRUCTURE Force Finishing Spray to seal any flyaways and create a minimal but classic chic and sophisticated style.
STEP BY STEP 2:
1. Prep hair with STRUCTURE Foundation Hair Prep & Primer and Control Hard Hold Gel as required.
2. Place a wig cap over the hair to completely isolate models hair, ready to apply the pre-made gold plaits.
3. Place plaits over the hair and pin in place to create a beautifully intricate pattern to adorn the head.
4. Finish with STRUCTURE Force Instant Hold Working Spray to create a super polished result.