5 Restoring Rules to Prepare Your Hair for the Autumn
by Celebrity Hairstylist Asgar
Autumn is the season for long walks in the park, soft cashmere knits and cozy evenings tucked under the duvet. With every change of season comes a new set of hair care rules. Now is the perfect time to repair the hair damage occurred during the care-free summer months and bring back the shine and gloss to our tired tresses. To help us get ready for the transition, Asgar Saboo, celebrity hairstylist and style director at the Daniel Galvin salon (Mayfair) shares with us his top 5 hair tips to fight back the dullness the frizz and the split ends from the hot summer days.
1. Add a deep conditioner to your hair regime. Deep conditioning your locks is very important to help recover from the sun excesses and to prep your hair for the Autumn and Winter months. Asgar recommends opting for a sheer butter conditioning treatment
2. Get a healthy trim. When our ends are dry and split there is no miraculous product that will restore them to health aside from getting them trimmed. A haircut in time works wonders and will help your tresses grow stronger, says Asgar.
3. Remove build-up. Weeks of heavy beach days usually involve hairsprays, mousses, chlorine and salty water which can leave build up on your hair, causing it to look dull, limp or heavy. Take advantage of the calmer months ahead to cleanse your hair by using a clarifying shampoo that will restore the shine and cleanliness to your tresses, says Asgar.
4. Go for protective styling. Opt for low-maintenance hairstyles that require little manipulation and which can work on natural or relaxed hair to give your tresses a well deserved break and prevent further breakage and dullness.
5. Keep wool scarves and rough jacket collars away from your hair. During the colder months it’s important to pay attention to the fabrics used in scarves, coats and hats, as having our tresses brush against rough fabrics can damage the hair’s surface, deplete it of its natural moisture and lead to frizz and breakage. Go for easy up-dos and chignons to avoid friction with the warmer clothes.
Hairstyles of the Rich and Famous – Internationally Renowned Celebrity Hairdresser Asgar on his Brush with the Glitterati
From supermodel Cindy Crawford to Bollywood supremo and one of the world’s most beautiful women Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, the name Asgar is synonymous with cutting edge and attention grabbing hairstyles. The UK based hair maestro has worked his magic on scores of celebrities and dignitaries the world over, making the front covers of several leading fashion magazines and item publications with his show-stopping and inspirational coiffures.
As well as having styled top models for the front covers of high-end fashion magazines such as Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar, Asgar’s work has also graced the fashion and style sections of national newspapers such as The Observer, The Times, The Independent and The Daily Mail. Imparting his words of wisdom on good hair care, Asgar has also been a regular columnist for the UK’s leading national newspaper targeting the South Asian Diaspora Eastern Eye since 2005. Asgar has appeared on several top TV and radio shows, including the BBC’s Clothes Show and the Asian TV Breakfast for three years.
A regular on red carpets around the world, Asgar’s hair creations have been showcased at glittering premieres, showbiz events and Awards ceremonies, and he is sought after by the top names in the film, Royal and fashion fraternities.
Asgar’s distinguished celebrity clientele includes supermodels Cindy Crawford and Twiggy as well as Bollywood A List stars Karisma Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Hrithik Roshan and legend Rekha. He is also pivotal in the styling of business moguls, ultra-high net worth individuals and royalty such as members of the Sultan of Brunei’s household.
Asgar is famed for the headline grabbing hairstyle he created for Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan, which has been the inspiration for Hrithik Roshan’s wax work figure at London’s prestigious Madame Tussauds.