These apply to all UKHairdressers.com competitions on the website:
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition
Notice, published on the website and are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and
apply to competitions on the UKHairdressers.com website, unless otherwise stated.
By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Unless indicated in the Competition Notice, all competitions are organised
by UKHairdressers.com, The Sands, Shore Road, Ainsdale, Southport, Merseyside,
PR8 2QD and is recognised as the promoter.
3. These rules apply to all competitions or games and are specific to each Competition
are displayed in a notice included on the competition page or on our UKHairdressers.com
web page. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and
the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
4. UKHairdressers.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition,
the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any
changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope
to: Competition Rules, UKHairdressers.com, The Sands, Shore Road, Ainsdale,
Southport, Merseyside, PR8 2QD
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct,
results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of UKHairdressers.com
shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. Employees of UKHairdressers.com or other companies associated with the UKHairdressers.com
or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, production of a
television programme to which a Competition relates, or any advertising agency
or web company connected with UKHairdressers.com or any such personís subsidiary
or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households,
are not eligible to enter the Competition. UKHairdressers.com reserves the right
to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition,
e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driverís licence will be required if the
Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted
by you is true, current and complete.
9. UKHairdressers.com assumes that entering the Competition (and you warrant
that) by using the UKHairdressers.com website that you have legal capacity to
enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient
age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or
your parents have consented to your entry of the Competition and use of these
10. UKHairdressers.com reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has
reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and
11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, UKHairdressers.com
in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement contestant should be
selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria
as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed ; photocopies or hand
written entries are not permitted.
13. Players must supply full name, address, telephone details if required and
email details through web entries and comply with all rules to be eligible for
the prizes. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries
14. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified
on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
15. Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. UKHairdressers.com
cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft,
destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost
or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result
of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
16. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, UKHairdressers.com does
not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including
those consisting of artistic or other material.
17. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the
Competition Notice, from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing
date specified in the Competition Notice. Tie-breakers will be judged by UKHairdressers.com
and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the
decision of the judge(s) andUKHairdressers.com shall be final and no correspondence
or discussion shall be entered into.
18. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified
on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable
or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated
therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
Competition winner(s)í names will be published on the UKHairdressers.com website
or you can write to UKHairdressers.com, The Sands, Shore Road, Ainsdale, Southport,
Merseyside, PR8 2QD naming the specific competition including a self-addressed
stamped envelope for a list of winners.
19. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified
on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the
manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate
20. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. UKHairdressers.com
reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
21. Prizes are awarded at UKHairdressers.com discretion and no prizes will be
awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
22. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum
age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed.
UKHairdressers.com reserves the right to request written proof of age of any
23. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including
meals or personal expenses upgrades etc. as the case may be, unless specifically
stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual property rights
24. In consideration of UKHairdressers.com agreeing to consider entrants to
the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to UKHairdressers.com the complete
copyright and all other rights in any entry, which shall be for the full period
of copyright. UKHairdressers.com shall be free to assign such rights to third
25. Furthermore, any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate
specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit
and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any
other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous,
defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, UKHairdressers.com
reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor
information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the
26. UKHairdressers.com cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss,
injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or
as a result of accepting any prize. UKHairdressers.com is not responsible for
any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer
on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure
of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic
congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination
thereof, including any injury or damage to entrantís or any other personís computer
or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading
any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude UKHairdressers.com liability
for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data protection and publicity
27. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and UKHairdressers.com
reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs
and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
28. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance
with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third
party without the individualís prior consent.
29. This agreement is covered by the laws of England and Wales.
How to contact us
30. You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing to UKHairdressers.com,
The Sands, Shore Road, Ainsdale, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 2QD
Ukhairdressers Hair and Beauty Sponsored Adverts Section