wanted to know how Cheryl gets so much volume, how Pixie gets her
shiny locks or how to achieve Kesha's messy 'dos? Then follow our
top tips and make your own glamorous hair statement.
I’ll show you step-by-step how to achieve the most talked about celebrity
hairstyles from glamourous red carpet updos to the hottest catwalk
The pop princess is so versatile she can wear any look. This
week she was spotted at a fashion party wearing a sexy, loose
• After washing, apply volumising hair mousse and towel dry
your hair. I find if you use definition product (e.g. Davines
Defining Wonder Wax) and work your fingers through
it helps to add volume to curls/waves.
• When dry, if you want a more defined curl, use tongs (e.g.
Pro Dial-a-Heat Tong). I use the Babyliss
Conical Wand and quickly work through sections.
Using it near the roots adds volume.
• Once you’ve added curl and bounce pull back your hair with
your fingers to create a textured ‘messy’ look, then secure
at the middle of the back of your head with a band leaving
some loose section tumbling around your face.
• Then, take one inch pieces of hair and clip them
to the back of your crown.
Make sure you secure it loosely. You can also pull section
of hair away from your band to add to the look.
• Wrap some hair around the band and secure with grips
(a great secret to hide your band)
• Using the hair in your ponytail, apply some more mousse
and massage it into the hair.
• Here you can be as wild or tame as you like, personalise
the Kylie look to you.
• Finally, twist your fingers around the front sections, tonging
if necessary, and add some shine product.
Mlatem is a stylist based in South Wales. She specialises in artistic looks
and originality and has had a passion for hair since receiving her first
barbie doll! A trained journalist, Hannah’s day job is writing for daily
and weekly papers but her true flair is for hair. Her work has been featured
in fashion shows, model shoots and weddings. Hannah also works alongside
renowned celebrity stylist Phillip Mungeam at The Room in Usk, South Wales.