| SEARCH FOR A HAIRDRESSING SALON, BARBERS OR BEAUTY SALON IN 3 EASY STEPS|
wanted to know how Cheryl gets so much volume, how Pixie gets her
shiny locks or how to achieve Kesha's messy 'dos? Then follow our
top tips and make your own glamorous hair statement.
I’ll show you step-by-step how to achieve the most talked about celebrity
hairstyles from glamourous red carpet updos to the hottest catwalk
California Girl Katy Perry stepped out for her latest performance
showing off her amazing figure in a super tight outfit - with
super tight matching hair. Katy’s latest look mixes modern
with vintage with a high pony and 40s quiff.
• For this look it’s best to wash your hair 24 hours before
• For the very straight look, after blow drying, straighten
your hair and use Neäl
& Wølf Guard Heat Protection to keep your hair soft and
• For a really high pony, tilt your head upside down, comb
your hair and gather at the very tip of your crown. (if you’re
going for the quiff, leave the front section out and clip
away until later)
• Make sure you haven’t got a strand out of place and secure
with a band.
• For the extra wet and shiny look (even if you’re not wearing
a matching rubber dress like the American songstress!) use
Hemp Shine Spray.
|• To hide
your band and give your hair a retro feel, take a section
of hair from the ponytail (about two inches wide).
• Spritz with hairspray and plait. I would section the
hair three times and plait it into three little plaits
just to be different!
• When you have all three, secure with a no snag band
and wrap it around your bobble.
• Finally clip the ends under your ponytail and secure with
• If you want to opt for the vintage quiff, gather the remaining
front section of hair. (This is good for those of you with
fringes who want a change from simply clipping it to the side)
• Use a wax such as the Revlon
Professional Discipline Defrizz Wax and rub through -
this will add shine and smooth any stray hairs.
•With it facing out from you at 45 degrees, put all the ends
into a grip.
•Begin to roll the hair towards you from bottom to top until
it rests on your head.
•Using grips (preferably the same shade as your hair) slide
them into the ‘roll’ and secure.
•Finish with hairspray e.g. Neäl
& Wølf Fix Hold & Shine Spray for a long lasting hold.
Mlatem is a stylist based in South Wales. She specialises in artistic looks
and originality and has had a passion for hair since receiving her first
barbie doll! A trained journalist, Hannah’s day job is writing for daily
and weekly papers but her true flair is for hair. Her work has been featured
in fashion shows, model shoots and weddings. Hannah also works alongside
renowned celebrity stylist Phillip Mungeam at The Room in Usk, South Wales.