| SEARCH FOR A HAIRDRESSING SALON, BARBERS OR BEAUTY SALON IN 3 EASY STEPS|
wanted to know how Cheryl gets so much volume, how Pixie gets her
shiny locks or how to achieve Kesha's messy 'dos? Then follow our
top tips and make your own glamorous hair statement.
I’ll show you step-by-step how to achieve the most talked about celebrity
hairstyles from glamourous red carpet updos to the hottest catwalk
The glamorous Geordie lass has just been crowned Woman of
the Year by Glamour Magazine so now is the perfect time to
copy her look.
Cheryl’s decision to chop off some length and go for a shorter
look has proven you can do a lot - with a little. This style
isn’t just limited to those with bobs.
You can pull it off even if you have longer hair by pinning
the extra length up - here’s how:
turn your head upside down and really get into the roots at
the base of your head.
The volume Cheryl achieves is great and although it
looks as though she is still wearing some extensions,
you can achieve this height easily without them.
• After washing, apply some volume spray from root to
tip - and comb through for even application - and more
• Begin roughly drying the roots of your hair. To get
• Then, using a metal rounded brush, turn it under your roots
and add an extra blast of volume.
• Once your hair is dry, use some Lanza
Healing Style Spray Gel and run your fingers through
to start the tousled look.
• Part the front (middle or either side) but don’t use a perfect
line. Use your finger and only go back an inch.
• Lift the top section of your crown and clip out of your
• Gentle back comb. A good tip is to angle your comb slightly
and hold the ends tightly. You will only need to brush back
five times maximum. This technique means you can get a comb
through it the next day!
• Use a bristle brush to gentle smooth over your backcombing
then un-clip the rest of your hair. You can add even more
volume just to the top part of your crown by back-coming the
top piece (that will give you a 60s feel without being a beehive)
• Then, leave a section of hair at the front of your left
side and begin to ‘twist’ the rest. Stay at the bottom of
your hair line and keep twisting until you get to the back
of the right of your head.
• Hold the twist with one hand and slide in grips to keep
the ‘twirl’ shape in place.
• Let the remainder of the hair fall loose (making sure you
have enough grips in place to stop it unravelling.)
• You can then use a straightening iron (e.g. ghd
Mark IV Styler) to smooth the look and curl under.
This should accentuate the bob shape and frame your face better.
Finish with Lanza
Healing Volume Final Effects Spray. Now you have
the sexy Woman of the Year Look.
Mlatem is a stylist based in South Wales. She specialises in artistic looks
and originality and has had a passion for hair since receiving her first
barbie doll! A trained journalist, Hannah’s day job is writing for daily
and weekly papers but her true flair is for hair. Her work has been featured
in fashion shows, model shoots and weddings. Hannah also works alongside
renowned celebrity stylist Phillip Mungeam at The Room in Usk, South Wales.